A former expertise member during Springfield’s Southern Illinois University School of Medicine has been dangling from a use of medicine for during slightest a year after she was convicted in sovereign justice of fraudulently receiving remedy drugs.
Kathleen Lake, a pediatrician who assimilated SIU’s expertise in 1993, pleaded guilty to a transgression in Springfield’s U.S. District Court in Jun 2012. In November, she was fined $1,100 by a justice and condemned to 3 years of probation.
She surrendered her sovereign controlled-substance remedy permit and won’t be means to find replacement of a permit for during slightest 5 years.
Lake perceived diagnosis for drug obsession in 2008, afterwards relapsed in summer 2010, according to papers from a Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
After her relapse, she was regulating Tylenol with codeine twice a day, a papers stated.
To obtain a drugs, she would indoctrinate SIU nurses to call in prescriptions for herself or her child regulating a name and sovereign controlled-substance permit series of a co-worker alloy as a prescribing physician, according to papers from a state and a news recover from a U.S. profession for a Central District of Illinois.
From Jul 2010 until late Nov 2011, Lake would secretly paint to a helper “that a remedy was certified by another alloy in a use … Lake would afterwards obtain a tranquil piece for herself, meaningful it was not certified and was achieved by fake means,” according to a news release.
After a bootleg activity was detected, Lake quiescent from SIU and relinquished her use privileges during St. John’s Hospital and Memorial Medical Center, according to a state’s documents.
Here’s a list of other new disciplinary actions taken by a Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation:
– Vicki Beavers, a pharmacy technician from Winchester, was placed in “refuse to renew” standing for her technician permit after pleading guilty in Morgan County in Feb 2012 to possession of a tranquil piece and theft. She was dismissed by a Wal-Mart pharmacy in Jacksonville in Nov 2011 for hidden tranquil substances, according to a state.
– Jamyra Bew, a protected unsentimental helper from Springfield, was reprimanded for a 2003 self-assurance for transgression drug possession in Will County. Bew served some-more than 5 years in jail for a conviction, that concerned wrong possession of pot with a vigilant to deliver.
– Michael Brewer, a alloy from Springfield, was placed on trial for during slightest a year and fined $5,000 for unwell to sufficient consider patients of his Springfield Clinic use before prescribing tranquil substances to them.
As partial of a disciplinary action, Brewer concluded to work with a “practice monitor,” a protected medicine who will contention quarterly reports on Brewer’s performance.
– Catherine Brookshire, a nursing home director from Springfield, was dangling for during slightest 6 months for unwell to guard a proprietor for inapt passionate function in 2010 while she worked during a trickery in Rock Falls.
– A Citgo gas hire during 600 N. Ninth St. in Springfield was fined $500 and systematic to stop a unlawful use of optometry. Until Feb. 6, a hire and a owner, Nick Patel, who was not an optometrist, sole or advertised as being means to sell colored hit lenses but a prescription, according to a state.
– Karina Dirks, a protected unsentimental helper from Lincoln, was dangling for during slightest one year for unwell to follow a remedy charting process while employed during Christian Village in Lincoln, and for unwell to divulge that she was dismissed when operative in Nevada for allegations involving diversion of tranquil substances.
– Nicole Dyer, a pharmacy technician from Ashland, was placed in “refuse to renew” standing for her technician permit after a state perceived information that she stole tranquil substances from her former employer and fake prescriptions.
– Nicole Gory, a protected unsentimental helper from Springfield, was reprimanded for unsuited control when she unsuccessful to scrupulously consider a proprietor while operative for Sparc in Springfield. She also was reprimanded for disaster to tell a state that Sparc dismissed her as a outcome of her conduct.
– Cynthia Maness-Leich, a pharmacist from Emden, was easy to trial for during slightest one year. Her permit was placed in “refuse to renew” standing in May 2012 for disaster to scrupulously forewarn a state about a showing of all drugs when she sealed her pharmacy.
– Jill Millette, a protected unsentimental helper from Emden, was dangling for 3 months, followed by trial for during slightest 3 years, after she pleaded guilty to misconduct burglary in Logan County. The assign concerned a burglary of an antibiotic from Christian Village in Lincoln.
– Kirk Price, a chiropractor from Springfield, primarily was dangling for disaster to approve with terms of a state’s trial when he unsuccessful to contention a compulsory explanation that he had attended calming preparation courses in physiological therapeutics and ethics. A few months later, he was authorised to use again, fined $5,000 and put on trial for during slightest a year.
The before trial was partial of a disciplinary movement in 2011 after Price allegedly unsuccessful to manipulate therapy in his bureau and unsuccessful to embody a initials “D.C,” indicating he was a chiropractor, in advertising.
– Erin Robbins, a protected unsentimental helper from Lincoln, was easy to unfixed trial with work restrictions for a smallest of 3 years. She had been placed on unfixed cessation in Oct 2009 in tie with unsuited control and hidden drugs.
– Mark Savage, a alloy from Jacksonville, was reprimanded and fined $2,500 for unwell to recover medical annals on a timely basement to patients after a closure of his use in Jul 2011.
– Dawn Schlagel, a protected unsentimental helper from Pana, was reprimanded and fined $500 for attempting to call in dual unapproved prescriptions for her father that finished adult not being filled by a pharmacy. She was consummated from her use since of a incident.
– Jacqueline Sturgis, a purebred helper from Springfield, was easy to trial for during slightest 3 years after formerly being dangling in tie with piece abuse.
– Jill Turner, a protected unsentimental helper from Jacksonville, was dangling for during slightest 12 months since she unsuccessful to approve with terms of her probationary standing when she unsuccessful to contention to monthly, pointless urine screenings during 2012. She formerly was put on trial after hidden tranquil substances from an employer.
– Ping Xiao of Springfield was systematic to stop a unlawful use of massage therapy. State officials pronounced Xiao achieved massage therapy for remuneration during Eastern Massage, 960 Clocktower Drive, Springfield.
– Donald Yakel, a alloy from Springfield, was placed on trial for during slightest 5 years and fined $20,000 for unwell to approve with terms of his trial from a state. Yakel certified that he drank ethanol while on vacation, that was a trial violation, according to papers from a Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
In Aug 2012, Yakel, a former Springfield Clinic physician, was fined $1,500 by a state and put on trial for during slightest 4 years since of ethanol dependence.
Dean Olsen can be reached during 788-1543. Follow him during twitter.com/DeanOlsenSJR.